When my husband and I were searching for a place to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, we had a few requirements: a relaxing time, good food, and beautiful weather. We looked into places like, Turks and Caicos Islands, Aruba, and Mexico. After doing more research, those places just seemed too commercial for what we wanted to do, so when we came across Belize, we knew that this was the place for us. Belize is a country on the eastern coast of Central America, but they align culturally with the Caribbean instead of the Spanish-speaking countries of their neighbors (Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico).
- Do they speak English or Spanish in Belize? They speak both
- What is the currency that they use in Belize? Belize dollar
- Should I rent a golf cart in Ambergris Caye? I recommend it! It’s the easiest way to travel around the island since most folks don’t have cars there
- Should I stay in the city or more in the island? I recommend staying in one of the Caye’s
- How do you get to Ambergris Caye from mainland Belize? You can get there by boat or a small puddle jumper